Dalgona Coffee. The creamy, foamy coffee beverage involving plenty of wrist action (400 times to be precise) that has taken social media by storm.
When the Lify team found out about it, we set out to create a healthy version of this famous drink. We enlisted the help of our dear friend and customer Veronica, an award-winning bartender with a passion for natural herbal remedies, to design not 1 but 2 immune boosting recipes using turmeric to help you stay healthy while the Covid-19 pandemic continues. Check out Veronica's story at the end of this post!
1. Turmeric Dalgona Latte Recipe
You will need:
- An electric hand mixer/ whisk
- A large bowl
- 2 mugs/ glasses
- Lify Smart Herbal Brewer (if available)
- 400ml unsweetened plant milk
- 1 Lify ENERGY herbal disc (if available)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 egg whites
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of black pepper
- If you have a Lify brewer, brew one cup of ENERGY
- Scoop 2 tbsp of honey into the large bowl and dilute with 2 tbsp of ENERGY tea or hot water.
- Add 1/4-1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, a small dash of cinnamon and black pepper. The amount of spice can be adjusted to your taste. Gently mix the contents in the bowl until combined.
- Whisk in 2 egg whites with a hand mixer or whisk until soft peaks are formed.
- Place some ice cubes in your mugs and pour in plant milk, leaving 1cm room for foam.
- Gently spoon turmeric foam on top.
2. Turmeric Dalgona Yakult Recipe
For a sweeter version with the added benefit of probiotics, try substituting milk with Yakult!
Same steps as Turmeric Dalgona Latte, except
- Substitute Yakult for plant milk
- Substitute half of the ENERGY tea or hot water with 1 tbsp lemon juice in the turmeric mixture to be foamed
We used a cream whipper in this video but you may whisk and scoop by hand as well!
Veronica is a bartender and sommelier who has worked in the hospitality industry for over 10 years. Her hectic lifestyle involving irregular work hours led her to discover the use of natural herbal remedies to keep her health in check. She enjoys creating innovative beverage recipes and sometimes incorporates herbs into her mixology for a unique taste and added health benefits.